Thursday, November 11, 2010

Craving Mental Stimulation



Pandora current song: Only Hope, Switchfoot

The last few weeks have made me realize why I NEED to go back to school. Since graduation, I haven’t had to use my noggin as much as I used to. I’ve been working in areas I am good at and have excelled greatly. Yet, my recent projects haven’t been easy. I’ve created and implemented political events, helped sign multimillion dollar leases, morphed an old building into a residence hall, built a positive cash-flow company and managed from the ground up, developed a position for myself within the university and furthermore designed a new position to expand student involvement on campus.

However, with all of that said, I’ve been studying for this GMAT exam next week and I have had a constant headache. Mind numbing and painful. I honestly think it’s because I haven’t had to focus so diligently on something in so long that my brain just hurts!

The funny thing is that I crave the pain! OK, let’s be real. I’m not excited about the test because I’m worried I’ll do horribly and ruin my chances at a top notch school. I’m really worried because my plan is to be in school next August or September so if I’m not, I have no idea what I’m going to do. I know that business school is about the prestige of the program and who you can network with, so I won’t settle for mediocracy.

What I really crave is stimulation. I NEED to go to school to continue to challenge myself mentally. I feel so RUSTY! I know it will not be easy, but where’s the challenge if it would be? I have had a great past few years, but I’m ready for a new adventure. I’m ready to get back into school to learn and stimulate my brain. I’m ready to dare to make a difference in peoples’ lives by learning how to better articulate what I’m trying to achieve. I’m ready to throw myself into my school work and organizations I’ll be a part of.

I'm ready to live by continuing to boldly challenge status quo.

Pandora current song: Suddenly I see, KT Tunstall

2 comments:

  1. Very great of you to say what is on your mind! I love your perseverance! Do 1 sudoku a day to keep your brain up to par :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I haven't done the sudoku request of you, but perseverance sure flows through my veins! :)

    ReplyDelete