Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Simple Gestures Can Make All the Difference



You never know when a simple hello, hug or smile will truly make someone’s day. A simple gesture of love or genuine care to show someone you notice them, could be the difference that person needs to have a brighter outlook on life.

I should have gone into psychology. I’m naturally good at it (not to toot my own horn, but it’s true) and have personal experience dealing with people or observing their reactions to situations. I’m like a heat seeking missile to people in trouble, who need a shoulder to cry on or talk to, who need a little personal direction, or whatever else someone needs. I just get people. I took enough psychology to understand the underlying relationship between actions and reactions, but I also have the knack of observation. Put all of that together and I’m your unofficial counselor friend!

Going back to the reason for this blog. I’ve been dealing with a few of my students and friends who have troubling outlooks on life. They take reality and create an extreme version in their minds of situations, and then cultivate those thoughts to become their new reality.

Some people don’t understand why others don’t know how to pull themselves together. Don’t understand why others think the way they do. It can be taxing to try to understand, but it can also be difficult for people to express themselves as well. Maybe someday I’ll go into depth about what I’m talking about, but for now, just trust me.

Deeply, emotionally, passionately care about the people around you. If you make their day, someday they’ll be there to make yours.

Boldly challenge status quo.

(To be continued...)


No comments:

Post a Comment