Sunday, August 19, 2012

When life gives you lemons, bite ‘em!

When life gives you lemons, bite ‘em and enjoy the sour taste as it drains down your throat. Next time, you’ll be better equipped to deal with it, even though it’ll still be hardcore painful.

Sometimes, the toughest situations that make you grind your teeth and make you want to cry in frustration are typically the ones that shape who you become in life. If you easily stride through life without obstacles, then you aren’t putting yourself out there and you aren’t really living. I’ve found myself in countless situations where there was a solid fork in the road...AND for some reason, I always choose the Amazon jungle. Luckily, I know how to use a machete to get through the toughest of terrain.

Ok, I lied. I don’t know how to use a machete :) But I do always seem to be equipped with some metaphoric tool or another to get to the other side. If/when I ever choose the path of rainbows and butterflies, I may have a lot of photo ops, but I miss the challenge and seriously crave the adventure.

The Amazon jungle choice I choose, to me, is like the saying, “What's popular is not always right. What's right is not always popular.” People typically like the path most traveled because there is a distinct understanding of what they’ll deal with. Even though it’s not popular, I will fight through the swampy mud, snake venom, bug bites, and thorn scratches because I know, in the end, I will have made the right decision.

I think the tough journey builds character and understanding of one’s surroundings. I swear I always end up in the same, crazy situations, and I’ll tell you it doesn’t get easier. But it certainly does give me a strong appreciation of how I come out on top and over the hurdle of horror. I’m not going to divulge in this jungle’s pathway, but if I would have been put in an easier situation earlier, I wouldn’t recognize, nor treasure, where I am now.

I may not know how to perfectly deal with every situation. I’m human, people! But I am proud of me and don’t regret the decisions I’ve made in my life. I’ve taken chances, I’ve never allowed myself to become complacent, and will never cease to surprise the people around me with my new adventures.

With that said, no matter which path you choose, you need to take it on head high and confident. If you feel any kind of hesitation or regret moving through your body, get the heck out of there or the gorillas will bash you down. The jungle isn’t easy, but nor is life. Equip yourself and get ready to fight for what you want and what you believe it. Be the leader that inspires others to lead. Be someone people won’t soon forget.

Inspire by boldly challenging status quo :)

1 comment: