Saturday, February 12, 2011

Strength in a Weakness



I used to hate writing. English was my least favorite subject and I dreaded writing multiple page papers. My love during grade school was dissecting the unknown of science, but most of all living a life to better the lives of those around me. The same still exists. Every day is an adventure waiting for me to take hold and discover its meaning. Each presents opportunities to influence lives and cherish the memories created.

I may not articulate my thoughts perfectly or use the most intelligent words, but I’m not trying to impress you with my words. I’m trying to spark something inside you. Maybe one of my blogs will take ahold of you, or awaken some part of you that’s been dead. Maybe they’ll influence you to pay good things forward instead of hold a grudge about someone who’s done you wrong. Maybe you won’t agree with me, or maybe you will. I don’t mind either way. These are my thoughts. I don’t want to think for you. I don’t want to puppet your life. But I do want you to challenge yourself to be the best you can be. Not to give yourself excuses. Those are worthless. Life will have many obstacles and it’s how you overcome them that makes you who you are or who you want to become.

My weakness of writing has become a strength. A strength to illustrate to the world who Britni Freiboth really is and what goes on inside her mind. I am not perfect and I will not pretend to be. I will let people down, I will make mistakes, I will hurt people I don’t intend to hurt, and I will fail. But if I just lay down and not get back up, then my life will be worthless. Worthless should never be a word I ever want to use to describe my life, nor should you use it for yours.

Go forth with courage, vigor, and strength to be who you want to be. Leave this life with nothing more to give because you’ve used every gift God gave you. If you hate something, find a way to see it in a different light. Mold your weaknesses into strengths. Never give up.

Live boldly challenging status quo.

5 comments:

  1. Great post! Ever consider motivational speeches? You'd be an excellent candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considered writing a book one day. :) Using blogs first to figure out exactly what I want to write about. As far as speeches, thought about that too, but I don't think I'd have as much of an intimate relationship with the audience as I can in person on a daily basis. I'm just not ruling anything out at the moment. Whatever is to be, will be.

    Thanks for reading my blog, Aaron! Nice job at the game today too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes you look at yourself for a second....
    Some girls need to see that they are the ones important in their own life...that they need to matter to themselves first before we can care about someone else. I have that problem....not knowing what I have alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jakki, you aren't alone. So many young girls and women have that problem, but you're way ahead of the game. You've admitted to it so you can consciously work on being strong for yourself and make decisions that force you to do things alone.

    Sometimes the most awkward positions we put ourselves in, the better we get at dealing with them alone. I always try to go to conventions, conferences, retreats, etc. without knowing many or any people before hand because it forces me to meet new people. I'm comfortable doing that and really enjoy it, but others aren't. Stepping outside that comfort zone allows people to tap into themselves like they haven't before.

    Thanks Jakki for your comment! You've really grown up into an amazing young woman in the past two years I've known you. Don't ever think you need someone else to "fulfill" you. Be confident in yourself and consciously work on making decisions for you and being comfortable with YOU before you add someone special into the equation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was surprising to read that English was once your least favorite subject, your writing is very elegant! I had you pegged as an English nerd ;-)

    ReplyDelete